Suprised to see that title? I never thought I would have written it for the fiery red-headed 2-year-old.
This morning little C showed her temper and and a lovely display of emotion, but she also managed to use her words and she handled her feeling in a very big girl way.
We were preparing breakfast this morning - a peanutbutter and apple spread sandwhich, and I cut it wrong. I did ask her he opinion and for permision before so, but 1/2 through the second cut she broke down. She was very mad and sad. She got down from her step, and sat away from me by the door. I followed tryign to find our what was wrong and to offer comfort - and she looked right at me and said "Me go away" and went to sit else where. Upon further questioning she needed a time out to herself, so we gave it to her.
Little C screamed and cried for about 2-3 minutes, then she looked at me and said "No cut sandwich" and then she came for hugs, cuddles and milkies. We then worked together to make a new sandwhich, saving the cut one for another day.
We were very proud of her use of words and that she knew of, and acted on, the need for some space.
Friday, August 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment